Joan Allen Detectors

Minelab.com

Thread: Etrac Premium Numbers

Etrac Premium Numbers

Hi all been using the etrac for several weeks now and understanding more and more each tome I use it.

I am currently using gazs two tone programme where all two way high tone signals are dug, however as I become more used to the numbers popping up it got me thinking as to which numbers when the tone is right get other users heart rate to rise slightly.

MLO Supporter
    As you see, not many care about numbers.
    I like the nice low tones. I don't look at the numbers.
    CTX 3030
    GSXR 1000

Glenacres Nursery, 232, Wimborne road west, Stapehill, Wimborne, Dorset, BH21 2DY
    Most of us tend to use the conduct variable multi tones setup up rather than two tone ferrous. Ive tried that several times but always change back to conduct. Like jeff says you need to learn to use your ears instead of watching numbers that are never very accurate.

www.detectorbits.co.uk Sole distributors in Europe of RNB Lithium Batteries & The Detecting Buddy Harness. We are also Agents for Evolution Pro cut spades, Scoops & Diggers. We have a large stock also of the very best Atlantis Ocean sailing wet weather gear, rain bounces off it and sweating inside is a thing of the past. Perfect for Detecting or any outdoor hobby If you want to stay dry.

Hi Tony I do have your programme in my machine but am unsure as a new user what tones are possibly good ones.

MLO Supporter
    There is a potential problem with 2-tones ferrous, the dividing lines between the 2 tones is at FE17. Good stuff on the surface will give a solid FE12 but the deeper you go, and the worse the soil is.. the higher the FE number goes. I would never ignore a signal with an FE number lower than around 25.

I did use FE tones for a while but used 4 tones and dug the middle 2 tones.

Anyway, to answer your question, a nice solid 12/15 would do it for me.
    Finding ancient rubbish since 1977.
    With help from:
    Joan Allen BFO (yuk)
    Whites CG3, BC5D, CM6000/S2, Surfmaster.
    Tesoro Cutlass, Bandido
    Laser B1, and Hi-power
    Sov XS2a pro (that's better)
    E-trac (perfect )
    CTX (Still deciding)

On land i go by sound but have the numbers large, it helps sometimes and have multi tones and conduct.But on the beach the numbers are much more important and can be a lot more accurate than on land.

on two way signals ..i dig them period whether TTF or Multi Conduct programs - unless its the tone for iron on multi setup - then i will look for the cross hair (fixed towards botton right hand side and also observe the numbers as a guide).
    if any doubt whasover - i dig.

MLO Supporter
    if any doubt whasover - i dig.
    This is true, I've had many awful signals that just sounded a bit too good to ignore, it's surprising how they suddenly turn good when you get them to the surface. A hammered farthing at 2 or 3 inches will sound awful in most soil.
    Finding ancient rubbish since 1977.
    With help from:
    Joan Allen BFO (yuk)
    Whites CG3, BC5D, CM6000/S2, Surfmaster.
    Tesoro Cutlass, Bandido
    Laser B1, and Hi-power
    Sov XS2a pro (that's better)
    E-trac (perfect )
    CTX (Still deciding)

try to remember the bad tone's as there is a lot less bad tone's than good,when you know your bad then all that are left are good........
    eg: a viccy penny can scream out like a it should be iron...but you soon learn that the iron tone is not as sharp as a good tone,(in conduct multi tone).
    On a small club rally 2 weeks a go, i had 5 hammered all but one gave the tone and x hair of being silver paper,still dug and came of that field with 4 small hammered farthings and 1 penny.
    stick with it,
    your confidence will grow.

Please consider Platinum Membership & PLATINUM PLUS! and help us to keep this forum active along with the other services we offer such as mlotv.com and ukdfd.co.uk. If you find our services helpful please try and support us.
    yes two tone is ferrous is alright to start with, but you miss far too much of the little stuff, conduct multi tone picks it all up so much better, i tried the other for a while, and then the multi tone conduct. and the difference was terrific