Joan Allen Detectors

Minelab.com

Thread: Anyone tried the Detech S.E.F. 21 x 17

MLO Supporter

Anyone tried the Detech S.E.F. 21 x 17

Has anyone tried this coil out on a explorer/etrac?
    I am intrested to know how it performs depth wise compared to the other SEF range?
    I already have the 12x10 and the 18x15 which are both realy good in there own right.
    Im just after that little extra depth on some pasure land which has been heavly detected over the years.

I thought the 18 X 15 was the largest SEF offered.
    Shows you what I know.
    Hope to hear from someone who has tried one out.

21 x 17 thats some size that, I would be inclined to ask the weight of it compared to the other sizes before I purchased one. To heavy for me I think.
    Detect Today Work Tomorrow

MLO Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Captainpugwash
    21 x 17 thats some size that, I would be inclined to ask the weight of it compared to the other sizes before I purchased one. To heavy for me I think.
    The weight thing doesn't bother me at all, i just hope the machine can handle the weight without cracking the detector body.
    No pain no gain

never heard of the 21x17, never even seen 1 for sale anywhere? like sharpshooter said, tought the 18x15 was the biggest they did

MLO Supporter
    Check out the joanallen website :thumbs:

Think it is supposed to be mega heavy.

why would you want a coil that big, unless you no theres a hoard or sumthing under ur feet?

aint seen no adverts for it, all they sell is up to the 18x15 everywhere

i have put this together for you lot to look at.
    weight 1.980kg

Kellyco is the only distributor for SEF coils over here in the States as far as I know. They do advertise a 21 X 17 SEF, but it's for a GPX 4500 only and it's sells for 800 bucks! I see in the ad above it shows one for explorer so I guess they are available for explorer / Etrac. Just never heard of it before and never seen anybody use one. Searched on YouTube and couldn't find any video's about the 21 X 17 SEF either.

i dont know where it was but i read that theyre "working" on the 21x17 for the explorer and etrac detectors....but that was some time ago !?

MLO Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by whigsvolt
    I dont suppose it would bother me either at 26 years old.But just wait a few years when you get Tennis elbow with all that straining,Lol
    Personally id avoid that coil unless you are dedicated and have researched the need to dig very deep and large targets.

I also think you will get fed up very quickly with such a large coil and after digging very deep large iron.
    The choice is yuors ofcourse, so good luck with what every you buy.
    Its not a coil that i am looking to use for everyday detecting but for a particular site i have that i know yields alot of material at greater depth (hence the reason for looking for a bigger coil).
    My normal coil i use is the 12x10 sef which i love alot and would never replace it.

Quote Originally Posted by michi
    i dont know where it was but i read that theyre "working" on the 21x17 for the explorer and etrac detectors....but that was some time ago !?
    Here it is: From Sept 08 article. Most may have already read it but it's worth another review. The 21 X 17 is mentioned in the last few sentences. Bigger is not always better, especially on smaller targets, according to the review.

CLICK HERE TO SEE THE ARTICLE

Please consider Platinum Membership & PLATINUM PLUS! and help us to keep this forum active along with the other services we offer such as mlotv.com and ukdfd.co.uk. If you find our services helpful please try and support us.
    As Sharpshooter says only available for the GPX machines.
    The above is just the opinion of Flossyrockstar and not of anyone he is associated with. This post may contain diatribe of a contentious and sesquipedalian nature. Terms and conditions apply, may contain nuts, always read the label.